Thursday 16 August 2012

Today we wrote Mihi's. These are formal Maori greetings used in a marae. Here are Kate Flanagan's and Emma Packman's.

KATE'S

Tena Koutou                                 Greetings everyone

Ko Aoraki te maunga.                    Mt Cook is the mountain nearest to where I was born.

Ko Waimakariri te awa.                  Waimakariri is the river.

Ko Flanagan te toku ingoa whanau. Flanagan is my family name.

Ko Kate toku ingoa.                       Kate is my first name.

No Otautahi ahau.                           I am from Christchurch.

Tena koutou katoa.                         Greetings to you all

EMMA'S
 
Tena koutou                                         Greetings everyone
Ko Aoraki te maugna.                          Mt Cook is the mountain closest to where I was born

Ko Waimakarir te awa.                        Waimakariri is the river
                                                       
  Ko Packman te toku ignoa whanua    Packman is my family

Ko Emma toku ignoa.                          Emma is my first name                       

No Otautahi ahau.                                I am from christchurch

Tena koutou katoa                               Greetings to you all
 
We have been looking a life in Ancient Greece

1 comment: